The Oldest City in the World, From Jerusalem to Jericho
Since ancient times until now, the world has been made a comfortable place for human civilization. One of the strongest evidences related to human civilization is the existence of cities. In fact, there are many large cities that have existed since ancient times, long before the entry of the Christian era.
Well, this time, we will see some ancient cities that are still inhabited by humans. Some of them are also included as the oldest cities in the world, you know. What are the portraits like? How old is he? Instead of being curious, you can immediately listen to it.
- Reported by History, the City of Jerusalem has existed since 3500 BC. That means, it’s already 5,500 years old
- Sidon in Lebanon is one of the oldest cities in the world dating back to 3000 BC, quoted in the Britannica
- Syria has Damascus as one of the oldest cities on Earth. According to UNESCO, this city dates back to 8000 BC
- Almost the same age as Sidon, Reyy City in Iran has also been established since 3000 BC and is now one of the oldest cities in the world.
- As the oldest country in the world, Egypt has an ancient city. According to World History, Faiyum is the oldest city in Egypt and has been around since 7200 BC
- The Middle East page launches that the city of Byblos in Lebanon has existed since 7,000 years ago and was once the center of civilization in the Middle East.
- Plovdiv in Bulgaria is also one of the ancient cities that are still preserved. History records that the city existed 8 thousand years ago
- Reported in DOMOTEX Turkey, the city of Gaziantep in Turkey has existed since 5600 BC and is now recognized as one of the oldest cities in Europe
- Athens is already known as a very ancient city in Greece and the world. World History writes that Athens already existed in 7000 BC
- The city of Jericho in the West Bank near the Jordan River is 11,000 years old, according to World History
The cities that we have seen above are very old areas and store so much history of human life in the past. What do you think? Are there other cities that are even older?