Recipe for Making Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets or nuggets are a staple in every home because they are easy to cook and can be stored for a long time. To consume it, we only need to fry it in hot oil or deep fried.
Most of us eat chicken nuggets that are ready-made and many are sold in frozen food stores. But, it’s not impossible for us to make it ourselves, you know. With the ingredients available around you, this recipe for making chicken nuggets is sure to be easy for you to follow.
History of Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets or chicken nuggets were first discovered by a professor of food technology from Cornell University named Robert C. Baker in 1950. At that time, Robert called it Chicken Crispie. Robert makes chicken nuggets using one bite cut chicken meat which is covered with flour and fried in hot oil.
At that time, Robert’s chicken nuggets quickly rotted. Robert also innovated again by making spices made from vinegar, salt, wheat flour and powdered milk. These ingredients are able to protect chicken meat from spoilage because it is resistant if stored in the freezer.
Chicken Nuggets Ingredients
Before starting to make chicken nuggets, let’s first prepare the following ingredients.
- 500 gr chicken breast fillet
- 400 gr oyster mushrooms
- 125 gr ice cubes
- 50 grams tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 200 gr wheat flour
- 100 ml water
- 250 gr bread flour
How to Make Chicken Nuggets
After all the ingredients are available, here are the recipe steps for making chicken nuggets that you can follow.
How to make :
- Drain the mushrooms with kitchen tissue or a clean rag until the water no longer contains water. Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Puree the chicken meat in a food processor, then add salt, garlic powder, pepper, sugar and ice cubes. Add tapioca flour. Mix well.
- Mix the mushroom pieces into the mashed chicken mixture in a bowl. Print the nugget dough according to the desired shape. Chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Dissolve flour and water as a coating and breadcrumbs. Dip the nuggets into the coating material and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the nuggets in hot oil over low heat so that the chicken inside is cooked. Fry until brown. Serve.
So that your chicken nuggets are different from the others, you can add vegetables to the dough before forming. Happy creative!